2017 FALL - The Potential of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
DATE, LOCATION & HOST
FALL 2017 TECH MEETING
Meeting hosted by Pfizer
The Potential of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines Artificial Intelligence as a:
- branch of computer science dealing with the simulation of intelligent behavior in computers and / or
- the capability of a machine to imitate intelligent human behavior.
The two characteristics of AI that are often most closely associated to human intelligence are “learning” and “problem solving”. There are many technologies, both emerging and established, that fall into this general category. These include machine learning, neural networks, deep learning, and natural language processing, to name a few. These technologies have the potential to significantly impact the pharmaceutical industry, and more broadly the healthcare industry, in the next decade.
On the other hand, while we are seeing genuine advances in AI, we are also seeing an acceleration of the hype. Expectations are likely outpacing the technologies’ readiness to deliver at scale. Nevertheless, many technologists have confidence in the underlying approach and capabilities being developed today.
At the PRISME Forum Fall 2017 Technical Meeting, we will explore promising applications of AI in Biopharmaceutical R&D, as well as relevant initiatives in other industry sectors. We will address best practices from the perspective of the supporting infrastructure, e.g. data, compute, platforms and policy. It is understood that data is foundational to the application of AI technologies; as such this Technical Meeting is a logical follow-up to our PRISME Forum Spring 2017 data-focused discussions.
A PRISME Forum Technical Meeting Advisory Committee (TMAC) has been established to provide guidance on agenda topics and appropriately qualified speakers. The committee members are listed below:
Technical Meeting Advisory Committee Fall 2017
1. Keith Murphy, Pfizer
2. Alex Schuleit, Lundbeck
3. Ashok Upadhyay, Otsuka
4. John Apathy, Celgene
5. David Sedlock, Takeda
6. Klaus Hofenbitzer, Celgene
7. Lars Greiffenberg, Abbvie
8. Massimo de Francesco, UCB
9. Sebastian Lefebvre, PRISME
10.John Wise, PRISME
11.Errol Sandler, PRISME
The PRISME Forum Technical Meeting Advisory Committee will be looking for qualified speakers to address relevant topics including:
1. Application of AI technologies to improve Biopharmaceutical R&D processes
2. Emerging trends in AI that could have an impact in the next 5 years
3. Enabling foundational capabilities to AI technologies (e.g., data, compute, process, organization, architectures / platforms)
4. Relevant applications of AI in different industry sectors that might be extrapolated to biopharma R&D.
The conference hotel is the Kimpton Onyx, located at 155 Portland St, Boston, MA 02114.
1. The discounted room rate is $219 per night plus tax.
2. Rates are valid through October 13, 2017 or when block closes.
3. Given that we have signed a contract for discounted room rates, we kindly ask all attendees:
a. To book rooms in the PRISME discounted block so we can realize our room commitment (and as such, avoid penalties).
b. Not to use company travel agency booking systems as those will automatically remove those room reservations from the PRISME block.
a. When reserving rooms, the system may indicate a $15 facility fee – please disregard as the hotel is unable to remove that line from their cart setup; as such, you will/should not be charged this extra facility fee).
b. We have also negotiated free wireless internet access in the sleeping rooms so please disregard, yet again, the line in the room’s description about internet access reserved only for Karma subscribers.
All reservations can be made online at: PRISME Room Block – Boston – November 2017 or by calling +1.617.772.5838.
If booking by telephone, please remember to use “PRISME” for the above rate and appropriate allocation to our room block.
DISTANCE TO MEETING VENUE FROM THE AIRPORT
Logan Airport is 5 mi from Cambridge, MA.
Transfer options will be announced soon.
MEETING AND SOCIAL EVENT VENUE TRANSFERS
Morning and afternoon transfers will be offered between the hotel, the meeting venue and the social/networking events (per program outline).